Thursday, 7 January 2016

Publish-AzureServiceProject - There is an error in XML document (12, 90)

It would be helpful if errors had something more useful in them. This is a generic error in an Xml parser and it doesn't even tell you which document has failed.

It turns out that I had changed the thumbprintAlgorithm to SHA2 because I had a new SSL cert but it turns out that even SHA2 certs use SHA1 for the thumbprint and it should stay set as sha1 in the cscfg file.

Anyway, I found out what the error was partly due to what I know I had changed and also by passing the -debug flag to Publish-AzureServiceProject which showed the specific error even though -verbose didn't!
Post a Comment